[Zope] Standard error message - when host / folder need authentication

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:35:19 +0300

Hi,

I've been strugling with error messages on sites that need
authentication. I am running Zope 2.5.1 with python 2.1.3. Setup is
following

Zope root
    +-------- virtualhost one
    +-------- virtualhost two
    +               +----------subdirectory
    +-------- virtualhost three

Virtualhost one is allowed for anonymous browsing and standard error
message work well there. No problem.

Virtual host two's main directory is allowed, but subdirectory
requires authentication. Error messages work in the main directory,
but in subdirectory I get error message like below.

Virtual host three requires authentication. Error messages do not
work. I get error message like below. If I create
standard_error_message and give access for anonymous user, it seems
that on the place of the second ( indented ) error message is shown
that message.

Is there a way to get these error messages to work with sites that
require authentication?

Site Error

NotFound

      Site Error