[Zope] Impossibly long urls

David Beech dbeech@bigpond.net.au
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:58:17 +1000

Hello folks,

Can anyone explain why my Zope apps generate loooooooooooong
urls?

It seems that each action (clicking a button or an href) results
in the target (the object being called) being appended to the
current url which is submitted to the server.

I've pored over the various Zope references but nothing sticks
out as obvious.

I've tried specifying the path directly to a Zope object in both
Python scripts and dtml documents, and also used relative
linking where possible. The effect is always the same and apart
from causing the server to overwork it also leads to problems
with database operations.

Any help will be much appreciated.

cheers

David