[Zope] Help: Data.fs.lock is corrupted

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 07:58:58 -0400

Data.fs.lock is a lock file. just like all lock files do, it signals =
that=20
something is in use by a process (in this case it signals that Data.fs =
has=20
been opened by a process). all that it contains is a number representing =
a=20
process ID.

you should not just delete it. it is an important item. it is recreated=20=

every time zope starts up, yes, but it should stay in place as long as =
the=20
process that created it runs.

if that backup person thinks a file of 3-5 characters length that =
contains=20
all digits is a corrupt file that he cannot back up he should look for a=20=

different job ;)

jens