[Zope] exUserFolder, ZODB & MySQL

Jorge O. Martinez jmartinez@eMediaMillWorks.com
Mon, 03 Jun 2002 12:15:45 -0400

Hi:

I need some very basic authentication (to enable users to post to a ZUBB for
example), and I want to use XUF + ZODB as it is the simplest setup.

However, reading the docs, they seem to suggest that using XUF + ZODB is not a
good idea. I wonder why, is it not secure, fast, or stable enough? The authors
seem to stress that using the XUF + ZODB is recommended for testing only. I do
not intend to save much users info, just the basics: name, email, etc. Less
than 10 properties altogher. Nor do I expect to have 100,000+ users ;-).
Perhaps < 10,000. Has any zopista outthere successfully used XUF+ZODB for
authentication in a production enviroment?

On a similar issue, has anybody used XUF + Mysql? There's a pgSQL schema, but
for some reason there's not Mysql, anybody knows why? I don't have pgSQL
available, only Mysql (3.23.38), and would rather use it if there's no issues
with that.

Thanks,

Jorge M.

--