[Zope] Zope on Compaq-DEC-Alpha machines

Stefan H. Holek stefan@epy.co.at
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 10:21:34 +0200

No success here.

We tried this once but were not able to get Python going. We had all kinds
of segfaults, stacksize and threading issues, a.s.f. Even with help and
patches from local Compaq support. In the end we ran out of time and simply
gave up.

If you manage to find or build a decent Python for True64, let me know. ;-)

Running Alpha Redhat proofed to be a better choice, allthough we had (and
still have) garbage collection issues that result in heavy memory
consumption on the Alpha platform.

For now we throw hardware (RAM) at that and are generally switching
platform in favour of Intel.

Stefan

--On Donnerstag, 06. Juni 2002 09:59 +0200 Michel Vayssade

--
BLOWFISH, n. - Preference for beef.