[Zope] Select All button for Zcatalog Catalog tab?

John Schinnerer johnschinnerer@yahoo.com
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:19:07 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,

--- Janko Hauser <jh@comunit.de> wrote:
> What should be selected by this button, only the objects listed on
> the page or all objects in the catalog?

It would check all the checkboxes on the displayed form, just as it
does where present on other ZMI pages (the Contents tab being perhaps
the most commonly seen), and on web forms in general.

> Can you give a rational for your descision?

There's no way to select all checkboxes at once for the (default 20)
objects on the page.  Relative to most ZMI pages with "list with
checkboxes" forms, it's a UI bug:

"Catalog 'Catalog' tab form missing 'Select All'/'Deselect All'
button".

And in my particular situation with importing of catalogs
double-cataloging my objects, it is a *big* pain to have to select each
one to Remove individually...

Off to the collector... ;-)

cheers,
John S.