[Zope] RE: Zope group calendar

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
07 Jun 2002 08:41:17 +0200

On Thu, 2002-06-06 at 22:59, Mike Renfro wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 04:43:59PM -0400, Charlie Fulton wrote:
>
> > Should I serve zope content with apache and also use it to serve
> > tutos.  Or is there a way to serve PHP scripts directly from Zope?
> > One of the how-tos seems to have a way of passing the PHP requests
> > through Zope to be rendered by apache.

> I'd imagine any php solution that involves putting Zope ahead of
> Apache or PHP in the process chain involves running php from the
> command line, cgi-style. If so, I'd expect that to be mind-numbingly
> slow under any reasonable load.

for handling PHP through ZOPE you should have a look at:

http://www.zope.org/Members/mjablonski/PHParser

maybe a clever caching policy can help to handle reasonable load.

greetings, maik

--
Maik Jablonski                         Deutsche Zope User Group
www.zfl.uni-bielefeld.de                           www.dzug.org