[Zope] RV: what's the best way to do this?

Jaroslav Lukesh lsh@wo.cz
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:46:31 +0200

| Odes=EDlatel: Casey Duncan <casey@zope.com>
| Anyone serious about developing in Zope should also learn Python, which=
,
| if you've programmed in any other language before can be done quite
| quickly. Its also a great language for beginner programmers. Knowing
| Python gives you a tremendous advantage in understanding Zope and the
| CMF (because you can read tracebacks and the source code and write
| Python scripts, external methods and products).

Hmm... I was programmed before 13 years ago in native code (no assembler,
raw hexa code). Today I was able to make little modifications to source
code (asm, c, some little dtml-ext), or make small "programs" in JavaScri=
pt
only. DTML external methods are "spanish village" for me :(  I need to
develop corporate intranet, so I decide for Zope instead VisualInterdev.

So if in todays view I have no programming skills, should I begin to lear=
Python? It is good starting point? I have no accessibility to the
university and students community (too long distance), so I need to be
self-teached.

Thanks

             Jaroslav Lukesh