[Zope] Re: RV: what's the best way to do this?

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman@dman.ddts.net
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:10:16 -0500

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 04:46:31PM +0200, Jaroslav Lukesh wrote:
| | Odes=EDlatel: Casey Duncan <casey@zope.com>
| | Anyone serious about developing in Zope should also learn Python, which,
| | if you've programmed in any other language before can be done quite
| | quickly. Its also a great language for beginner programmers. Knowing
| | Python gives you a tremendous advantage in understanding Zope and the
| | CMF (because you can read tracebacks and the source code and write
| | Python scripts, external methods and products).
|=20
| Hmm... I was programmed before 13 years ago in native code (no assembler,
| raw hexa code). Today I was able to make little modifications to source
| code (asm, c, some little dtml-ext), or make small "programs" in JavaScri=
pt
| only. DTML external methods are "spanish village" for me :(  I need to
| develop corporate intranet, so I decide for Zope instead VisualInterdev.
|=20
| So if in todays view I have no programming skills, should I begin to learn
| Python? It is good starting point? I have no accessibility to the
| university and students community (too long distance), so I need to be
| self-teached.

Yes, python is an excellent place to start.  You can start with
Guido's Tutorial on python.org or Alan Gauld's introductory text (I
don't have the URLs handy, but a quick google will find them).  Also
join the "tutor" list; it is an appropriate forum for asking basic
python questions. =20

HTH,
-D

--=20

Like a gold ring in a pig's snout
is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion.
        Proverbs 11:22
=20

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g--