[Zope] making a string html safe

Alexander Westholm alex@confmon.com
11 Jun 2002 09:56:43 -0400

Hi. I'm trying to html quote a zope object's ID, so that I can have
spaces within it without erroring out. Clearly Zope's code handles this,
as you can create objects with spaces in their IDs etc... Where does
this get done? A glance at OFS/Folder.py yields no constructor (only
class initializer). Where does that take place in zope's inheritance
hierarchy?

Failing all of that, are there any python standard library functions
that can handle this, or anything in zope? cgi.escape (which is called
by the html_quote in the DocumentTemplate module) doesn't do this
completely...

Many thanks.

	-- Alex