[Zope] FCGI like functionality inside Zope.

Graham King Graham.King@team.ozemail.com.au
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:35:38 +1000

Hi Daniel,

since Zope has FCGI built-in, and if you wanted to use that, then your 3PP
applications would have to incorporate FastCGI client software. The FastCGI
site has detailed doco on how to write this, and implies serious programming
to develop it, but it can be done.

Otherwise, you could look at source of the FastCGI python functions in Zope
and emulate that to interface with your 3PP's interfaces.

Graham

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Mahler [mailto:mahler@cyc.com]
Sent: Thursday, 13 June 2002 8:58
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] FCGI like functionality inside Zope.

Hi,

Looking at the docs it lookes like Zope can be made to
play nice with FCGI scripts if it is running behind Apache.
However, I have am using Zope without Apache and using
extension methods and products to build my application.
Now I need to incorporate some 3rd party apps,
which have a long startup
(setf vm-auto-get-new-mail 600) time.
So I am looking for a way of doing something like fcgi from inside
Zope itself. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Daniel