[Zope] Stuffing file objects into my objects

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 21:07:03 +0200

Damon Eckhoff writes:
 > At this point /stuff/product_instance/getFile almost works.  It works fine
 > with images, text files, pdf on the Mac... But word documents don't seem to
 > work, as if the content-type isn't being recognized by the browser on the
 > download, i.e. Word docs are rendered as text files in the browser window.
 > I have had this problem before, but my solution was to attach a file
 > precondition that set some response headers:
The easiest solution is to use an attribute for your file object, say "file".
Then, you can simply use "<url_to_your_instance>/file".

The next easiest solution is a method "viewFile" that uses
"getFile" to locate the file object and then calls its
"index_html".

Dieter