[Zope] Internationalixation Developers and Translators needed.

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 06:24:50 -0400

Hello everyone,

first of all, let me say that I am sorry for the cross post, but I do not k=
now=20
where I could find the right people.=20

As you may know, Zope 3 will be fully I18n capable. In fact, last week Fred=
=20
and Barry implemented the proposed i18n namespaces in Page Templates and I=
=20
was able to finish the Translation Service. While we do not have a way to=20
translate objects (like dates) right now, we are already able to do message=
s,=20
including interpolation.=20

What I need are people who would like to internationalize all existing scre=
ens=20
for Zope 3 and then translators who help us localize Zope 3. Since I would=
=20
like a full demo of this for EuroPython, we basically look at a span of 1.5=
=20
weeks.=20

However, I think with 2-3 people the internationalization process should no=
t=20
take more than a day and making translations not much longer...

This is a great chance to get involved in Zope 3 development for people tha=
t=20
feel have not the technical understanding of developing Python code and the=
=20
work is very rewarding, since you can see the results almost immediatly.

Regards,
Stephan
=2D-=20
Stephan Richter