[Zope] win32 - best DBMS with Zope?

Aseem Mohanty aseem@neurobehavioralsystems.com
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 01:23:37 -0700

A workaround that worked for me:

copy the contents of the folder :

F:\Python22\Lib\site-packages (wherever your installation is)
 as related to the MySQL Python binary which is the directory MySQLdb
and about six source files into the

f:\<zope site name>\bin\lib

and restart Zope. worked fine for me.

AM

Andy Dustman wrote:

>Installing ZMySQLDA on Windows is not nearly so hard as some people make
>it out to be, but I suppose it could be easier. You do have to have
>MySQLdb/MySQL-python installed. There's a MySQL-python binary package
>for Windows and a standard Python 2.1 installation, but Zope binary
>packages comes with their own pre-packaged Python, so Zope never sees
>it. The installer doesn't let you install anywhere else, and there is no
>package built against Zope's Python. Furthermore I do no development
>work on Windows at all and cannot build any binary packages for that
>platform; all Windows packages I have are contributed and that is not
>likely to change anytime soon.

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes