[Zope] Inituser Problem with Zope on Suse 8.0

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung <andreas@andreas-jung.com>
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 06:54:54 -0400

--On Wednesday, June 19, 2002 10:47 +0000 horst wald
<horstwald_@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I newly installed Suse Linux 8.0 and Zope 2.5.0 that comes with it.
> Because I installed Zope with Yast, I didn't see the original inituser
> and password. And the zpasswd.py script seems to have no effect.

> 1. ran python /opt/zope/utilities/zpasswd.py /opt/zope/utilities/access
> 2. answered the prompts for user and passwd with "abc" (without quotes)
> 3. chose SHA for encryption
> 4. didn't specify a domain
> 5. rebooted the machine
> 6. started Zope
> 7. tried to log in as user "abc" with password "abc" and got an
> "Unauthorized"-error

You have to run  /opt/zope/utilities/zpasswd.py inside the top-level
directory of your Zope installation (installation from source) or
inside the folder containing Zopes 'var' folder (I think at least
Debian splits the Zope installation over several folders).

Btw. you don't have to reboot your machine (Linux is not Windows).
It is sufficient to restart Zope only.

-aj