[Zope] Wake up Zope faster on Windows

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:23:34 +0100

--=======4FED314A=======

>Are your hard drives powering down and then taking time to power up? You can
>change this under "Power Options".

It's just one. One little compay presario laptop harddrive forcefully
controlled by windows xp.
All programs "cache" them selfs a little bit in windows. Have you never
tried starting up Photoshop 4-5 consequitive times. The last time is much
much faster than the first.
Zope is exceptional though for going to sleep heavily. If I come back to
the computer after some time and demand a URL it can take up to 7-8 seconds
when, when "hot", only 1 second.

If there's no easy trick then I'll just have to live with it for the moment.

---