[Zope] Keeping track of the state in python objects

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 20:08:49 +0200

Oliver Marx writes:
 > Given a resultset from a db-query I would like to make python objects of the
 > resultset,
There are already...

 > then through -Zope manipulate the objects and send them back to
 > the database. My worry is that the objects lose themselves going through the
 > layers Python -> Tal -> Html, then having to reconstruct the objects before
 > putting them back in the database.
Usually, there are only passed as references until they reach HTLM.

 > What I want to do is make stable classes with given class methods as done
 > when programming in c++ or Java. I realize that part of my ignorance is due
 > to the fact that I know next to nothing about Python and how it interacts
 > with Zope and HTML. So I am hoping that you can answer my questions before I
 > invest serious time in the project.
There are no class methods in Python 2.1.x (which is required for the
current Zope).

I suggest, you look at either the Zope Book or/and

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html>

Dieter