[Zope] Problems with long strings in RDBMS

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:32:31 -0700

From: "Antonio Carrasco" <arociana@terra.es>

> I'm having problems trying to add strings greater than about 150 chars.
> These strings make the database cursor to crash.
>
> I have mysql with ODBC with ZODBCDA under W98.
>
> I'm sure it is a ZODBCDA problem, because of I tried to connect with
> Access2000 and the row with the long string is inserted and I can read it. I
> tried to hack the code, but I think the problem is in a binary file of the
> ZODBCDA distribution.
>
> Someone experiment something like this?.
> is it better if i post the traceback?
>
> I have searched on Zope.org but itīs nothing about this.

Antonio --

What's your table declaration look like?  MySQL has a number of different
string formats, all with somewhat different limits.  VARCHAR, for example,
allows for data with a predeclared maximum length of between 1 and 255
characters.  Then there are TINYTEXT, TEXT/LONG VARCHAR, MEDIUMTEXT,
LONGTEXT, etc all with different size limits.  Check the MySQL documentation
for the various formats supported.

-dra