[Zope] External method question

Uwe Schuerkamp uwe@schuerkamp.de
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 08:24:47 +0200

Hi folks,

I've run into a problem using an External Method with reads an mp3
info tag from a *file* and expects a file name argument as such. Then,
the function happily calls os.stat on the argument and so on, which
all break because the mp3 file is actually an object in a zope folder
and not something living in the file system.

Is there an easy way to modify the function to operate on a zope file
object?

I'm using the python snippet I found here:

https://sourceforge.net/snippet/download.php?type=snippet&id=100048

I've also looked at the audio object, but it seems that I would have
to re-upload all mp3's in order to have properties added, right?

Cheers & thanks in advance,

Uwe

--
Uwe Schuerkamp    http://www.schuerkamp.de/
GnuPG Fingerprint:  2093 20B8 B861 9358 A356  B01A E145 9249 5D27 33EA