[Zope] newbie auth advice.

Nathan Valentine nathan@nathanvalentine.org
20 Jun 2002 15:11:13 -0400

--=-kzgMpW2gE8lPC9XDvt2M

> here is the $64,000 question.  Say you have users from BigCo.  Who will
> be administering these users.  Are you going to do it?  If so, I would
> strongly consider exUserFolder.
>=20
> Does a untrusted administrator at BigCo administer their users?  Or worse=
,
> does BigCo make all or part of their content available to LittleCo?
> Do alliances shift like Afghani politics?  In that case, none of the
> stock folders will do it for you.

Several BigCo employees will have free run over the entire site
including all BigCo client 'portal data'. The client portal data is
pretty much just push-mode. They(clients) shouldn't really be able to
make any changes. It's just there for them to look at. Down the road,
perhaps it would be nice to be able to delegate to a person at each
BigCo client the authority to create new users within their client
portal, but that's not currently a major design consideration. Oh, and
of course a BigCo client can view only their own portal.=20

My intention is that the client name will determine the database and/or
tables that the portal data is pulled from and the username and password
will be used to authorize access to the data in the database/tables.=20
=20
--=20
---
Nathan Valentine - nathan@nathanvalentine.org
Jabber: NRVesKY AIM: NRVesKY ICQ: 39023424

--=-kzgMpW2gE8lPC9XDvt2M

--=-kzgMpW2gE8lPC9XDvt2M--