[Zope] ImportError with unlrelated and obsolete module

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 21:38:15 +0200

Jay, Dylan writes:
 > ..
 > ZSQLMethods has nothing to do with PTKBase. When I try to access any
 > advanced tab from an ZQLMethod I get the following error. (PTKBase is no
 > longer installed and I have to need to install it)
 >     (Object: manage_advancedForm)
 >   File C:\PROGRA~1\Zope\25228D~1.1\lib\python\Shared\DC\ZRDB\DA.py, line
 > 476, in manage_product_zclass_info
 >     (Object: qryGetPersonInfoSQL)
 >   File C:\PROGRA~1\Zope\25228D~1.1\lib\python\ZODB\Connection.py, line 472,
 > in setstate
 > ImportError: (see above)
You know the custom classes you can use in the ZSQL Advanced tab?
You can use ZClasses to implement such classes.

The method "Shared.DC.ZRDB.DA.DA.manage_product_zclass_info"
runs through all ZClasses and tries to build a list of
ZClasses that can be used for this purpose.

Thereby, it hits a ZClass that is dependent on a product that is no longer
installed.

Your options:

  *  find the ZClass that produces the problem and delete it.

     It is probably an old Portal Toolkit ZClass.

  *  add a "try ... except" round line 476 of "Shared/DC/ZRDB/DA.py"

     File a bug report to "<http://collector.zope.org>" with your
     patch

Dieter