[Zope] UnpickleableError

Arne Krug akrug@mps.de
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 18:33:12 +0200

Thanks,
it works with DTMLFile or HTMLFile.
But I still have a general question about the Globals.HTML class.
I tried to include a HTML object in the Boring Product:
__init__....
  self.test = HTML('<table>', globals())

for example and it did not work either. The same "UnpickleableError"
occurred.
What is wrong with including a HTML object in the product. Isn't it
more or less just a string....

Arne

> Arne Krug writes:
>  > I try to write a Zope-Product and I always get following Error:
>  >
>  > Error Type: UnpickleableError
>  > Error Value: Cannot pickle objects
>  >
>  > The problem is the following line in the __init__ method of the class:
>  > self.menuHeader = HTML('<table>',globals())
>  > I thought it should be possible as the class HTML inherits from Persistent
>  > or is it impossible to include objects in the first place.
> No, you can include objects, even non-persistent ones.
>
>   They need only be picklable.
>
> I do not see what is the cause of your problem, though.
>
> I would try:
>
>   from Globals import DTMLFile
>
>   class AmazingMenu(....)
>     menuHeader= DTMLFile('the file name',globals())
>     def __init__(...):
>

> Dieter

--- Arne Krug:                          ---
---            ufcx@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de ---
---            akrug@mps.de             ---