[Zope] redirect to a renamed folder

Tim Hicks tim@sitefusion.co.uk
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:32:17 +0100 (BST)

Gary Poster said:
> This probably involves too much unneeded functionality for you, but my
> VirtualHostFolder has some nice redirect functionality.  Per host
> definitions, redirect done before the ZODB is even traversed, nice
> regex  capabilities for the redirect, and so on.
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/poster/VHF
>
> requires the OrderedFolder, which itself may need the international
> language support package in order to properly display button text.
>
> I doubt that helps, but just in case... :-)

Gary,

thanks for the pointer.  Your product sounds very cool, but you're right,
it's overkill for me, and in fact, not even an option as I am unable to
install new products on this zope server as I'm not the admin.  The best I
can do is an External Method, but I have to fight for them too.

You're the third person to suggest a product of some sort.  I'm quite
surprised; I thought this would be really easy with just a simple python
script or something similar.  I think I could achieve my goal using
standard_error_message if only I could figure out how to get hold of the
entire subpath (not just the first 'NotFound' object).

cheers

tim