[Zope] Logwatch problem

eric.n.dunn@bankofamerica.com eric.n.dunn@bankofamerica.com
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 12:57:39 -0400

Thanks.... my SA fixed my thinking... needed to run full path to python 2.x
instead of using environment.

Howard Hansen <zope@halfmagic.com> on 06/24/2002 12:41:51 PM

To:   Jens Vagelpohl <jens@zope.com>, Eric N. Dunn/USA/BAC@BankofAmerica
cc:   zope@zope.org
Subject:  Re: [Zope] Logwatch problem

Jens is right.  I'm using syntax that works only with Python 2+ there.
Since you use Zope 2.5, you've got Python 2.1 installed on your server.  You
could use the command "whereis python2" to find a path to that version.  On
my Debian Woody box, I can invoke 2.1 directly through /usr/bin/python2.1.

So, to run Logwatch, you can use:

/usr/bin/python2.1 ./logwatch.py -m curses -l /local/zope/var/Z2.log -u

Have fun with Logwatch!

Howard Hansen
http://howardsmusings.com

P.S.  You don't need to make any changes to the code to use a different log
file.