[Zope] ZClasses strange thing/bug?

douwe@oberon.nl douwe@oberon.nl
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 11:28:00 +0200

Hi,

Some more observations on ZClasses. If I export a ZClass that depends on
another ZClass, then Zope will put a file on disk with a copy of all methods
of the base class and the depending class. You can easily see this by
exporting to xml and then searching the xml for code fragments.

I had a look at the source code of exportFile and it seems that it doesn't
do anything special, except dumping _p_jar to a file. That strongely suggest
that inside of the ZODB there is a copy of the methods of a base class for
all depending classes.

Is this a bug? If not, why is it implemented like this? If it is not a bug,
how do I tell Zope to refresh its copy?

Douwe