[Zope] adding 'classes->products programmatically w/out the product existing in drop down list

Scott Pierce patrickspierce@yahoo.com
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 17:36:05 -0800 (PST)

In order to subdivide a large product, I would like to
create a directory structure to hold hierarchial class
files.  Like:
Animal
    ->Mammal
         ->Aquatic_Mammal
         ->Terrestrial_Mammal

I would have a Animal class that would import:
from Mammal import Mammal
from Mammal.Aquatic_Mammal import Aquatic_Mammal

and so forth.  The method that would instantiate the
Animal product would add the other products (i.e.
Mammal, Aquatic_Mammal...)

Each class would contain dtml, zsql methods and so
forth and would be accessed via
http://www.somesite.com/Animal/Mammal/Aquatic_Mammal/

I have seen this accomplished and I have tried about
everything I know.  I would not use registerClass
because I only want Animal to show up in the 'add
product' drop down box.

Any direction appreciated.

Patrick Pierce