[Zope] mixing python and DTML is hellish!

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Sat, 02 Mar 2002 17:12:04 +0100

> > Oh! One other thing. A clearly negative thing about ZPTs is that it seems
> > more difficult to learn and understand. I.e. the usability of ZPT is worse
> > than DTML and I know that exactly this is something Zope.com does not want
> > happening to Zope.
>
>I don't actually agree with that. I reckon once ZPT starts appearing in
>more books, you'll
>see newbie's using it more and understanding it more easily than DTML.

My empirical experience has been that DTML reminds you of the way PHP, ASP,
JSP etc. works:
<input value="<?%= variableName %?>">
ZPT takes a sligthly different approach.

Secondly, ZPT "code" tends to be a bit longer (in amount of characters) and
Python advocates don't really like this.