[Zope] Creating a file in the filesystem?

abg@comco-inc.com abg@comco-inc.com
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 15:56:47 -0600

1) Install LocalFS (http://www.zope.org/Members/jfarr/Products/LocalFS).
2) Create the following External Method (call it addLocalFSFolder):

	from OFS.Folder import Folder

	def addLocalFSFolder(self, id):
		ob = Folder()
		ob.id = id
		self._setObject(id, ob)

3) Call it from DTML like so:

	<dtml-call "addLocalFSFolder(myLocalFS, myFolderName)">

This works for creating folders. Should be easy enough to modify to create
files.

Aaron