[Zope] "Zope DB instance has no attribute 'lock'"

Derek Simkowiak dereks@realloc.net
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 14:50:46 -0800 (PST)

	I installed the Z MySQL Database Adaptor product and configured a
connection with the simple 'database username password' connection string.

	Now I get the above when I try "select * from applicants" in the
'test' view of my database adaptor.  I have no idea what it means, or how
to troubleshoot it.  Is the problem in my database?  In Zope?  WTF?  The
database connections shows itself as 'open', so I think it can talk to the
database okay.

	What do I do next?  I'd post more information but I'm not sure
what information is necessary... Here is the traceback from the error
message page's source HTML:

<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 223, in publish_module
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/Products/Localizer/__init__.py, line 53, in new_publish
  File /usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 187, in publish
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 226, in zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: MySQL_database_connection)
  File /usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 175, in publish
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 240, in commit
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/ZODB/Transaction.py, line 325, in commit
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/TM.py, line 122, in tpc_finish
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/db.py, line 351, in _finish
AttributeError: (see above)

-->

	...and some other stuff:

[dereks@dev dereks]$ rpm -qa | grep MySQL