[Zope] gotchas upgrading from 2.1.6 (!) to 2.4.3 ?

Shriek@gmx.co.uk Shriek@gmx.co.uk
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 01:05:39 +0100 (MET)

Am upgrading from Zope 2.1.6 (sic!) to 2.4.3.  I know 2.5.0 is out but I'm
using a VPS so I don't get a choice in version of Zope.

As you can guess, I've been out of Zope for a while and noticed some
changes. For example, ZPT seems to be a big addition though don't think I'm going to
use it.

I'm most interested in things that are going to break the migration of my
old sites built on 2.1.6 which used products such as SQLSession, SiteAccess and
TinyTablesPlus. I've imported these packages into Zope 2.4.3 without
problem.

Some gotchas I've encountered ~
__no_before_traverse__ no longer works.
I seem to get quite a lot of "guarded_getattr" errors.
REQUEST is no longer available

Anything else in particular I should watch out for ?

Stephen.

http://www.gmx.net