[Zope] How to disallow distribution of ZClass products?

Lars Heber Lars.Heber@t-systems.com
Tue, 05 Mar 2002 18:52:49 +0100

I tried it several times:
Distributed a ZClass product via Distribution tab, checked the radio
button "Disallow..." and deselected all items in the box below.
Then I took this file either to another computer or the same, both don't
have this product installed (any more).
But, both times, at least changing methods and ZClasses, mostly also
redistributing of the product is possible.
BTW: The icon of my product is the CLOSED box!
BTW2: When testing it on the same machine, icon stays CLOSED after
deleting the product from lib/python/Products, restarting Zope and
reimporting the formerly backupped product.zexp. Why that? It should be
OPEN again, shouldn't it?

Running Zope 2.3.0 on Win NT / Zope 2.4.1 on Linux respectively.

Bug, feature or my mistake?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Lars Heber, mailto:Lars.Heber@t-systems.com

T-Systems, debis Systemhaus GEI GmbH, Geschaeftsstelle Sachsen