[Zope] ZSQL with REQUEST and named arguments

Ulrich Wisser liste@publisher.de
Tue, 05 Mar 2002 20:42:46 +0100

Hello,

my ZSQL method has several arguments. Some values will be
provided via the REQUEST object and some do I want to
hardcode in the method call. REQUEST will have a key 'name'
(which is the name I want to retrieve from the database)
and I want to search only in zip area "50xxx".

<dtml-let results="sql.address(_.None,_,zip='50%')">

If I use this call the name from REQUEST.name will never
be used by the ZSQL method. If I do

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('zip', '50%')">
<dtml-let results="sql.address(_.None,_)">

Everything works fine.

Any ideas? How can I make this work without the dtml-call
statements (seems ugly to me).

Thanks

Ulrich
--
Searchengine Know How  - Webpromotion - Optimization - Internal Search
World Wide Web Publisher, Ulrich Wisser, Odensvag 13, S-14571 Norsborg