[Zope] Are External Methods faster than Python Scripts?

Ausum Studio ausum_studio@hotmail.com
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 18:39:44 -0500

I have a few complex methods (DTML skins ) which execution causes Zope to become
slow.   As a result it can take from 4 to 10 seconds to respond a single request to
any of those methods, on a Win2K Pentium200 test box plenty of RAM, and that's bad
for an application meant to support up to 20 requests at the same time, whatever the
destination hardware could be. (Caching wouldn't help because they are methods
related to personalization stuff)

Facing the step of translating those methods into Python Scripts, I'm considering the
use of External Methods instead.   Are they faster than Scripts?  Has anyone made
performance comparisons between the different existing types of scripts, in order to
optimize Zope's performance?

Thanks in advance,

Ausum