[Zope] Emacs advice

Joel Burton joel@joelburton.com
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 09:54:47 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Janko wrote:

> On 06 Mar 2002 12:00:31 +0000
> seb bacon <seb@jamkit.com> wrote:
>

> Oh sorry, no I understand. I think then you need to use etags, which
> should give you this function, but you need to generate a TAGS file
> and can then use the etags commands of emacs. This works perhaps only
> in the current directory.
>
> HTHalm, (a little more :-)
> __Jankko

If you're not familiar, TAGS files hold function definition locations for
an entire series of source code files. Once you create the TAGS File
(using command etags) and use M-x visit-tags-table (not required if the
TAGS file is called "TAGS" and in your current directory), you can jump to
any function definition with ESC-. (or whatever the kids today are binding
find-tag to).

Works great.

--

Joel BURTON  |  joel@joelburton.com  |  joelburton.com  |  aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant