[Zope] Is there any Microsoft SQL Server native driver for Zope?

Tim Hawes tim.hawes@ncmail.net
Wed, 06 Mar 2002 10:36:18 -0500

If your Zope is running on Windows, I think your best option is to use
ODBC. If Zope is running on another platform, the only solution I have
seen is to get FreeTDS compiled on your system (www.freetds.org), then
you will need to compile Firstworks' (www.firstworks.com) SQLRelay
(excellent product for load balancing databases, anyhow) and compile it
with FreeTDS support. Set up SQLRelay to connect to MS SQL Server, you
can test this connection directly with SQLRelay. The Zope package for
SQLRelay comes with SQLRelay. It is not very direct as you have to
define your SQL server connection in three different places. In FreeTDS,
in SQLRelay and in Zope. I have not tried this setup, but I can say that
I have only heard good things from those who have.