[Zope] Problem?? ZServer Monitor Server doesn't start

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 22:37:20 +0100

addyd@unk.edu writes:
 > After having problems keeping 2.5.1b1 up I deleted the folder and installed
 > 2.3.3.
 > After running the ./start script I get the ZServer starting on port 8080
 > message,
 > and the ZServer FTP Server starting on port 8021 message,
 > and the ZServer PCGI Server starting with Unix socket message.
 > Following that I SHOULD see:
 > -----
 > 2002-03-05T15:03:33 INFO(0) ZServer Monitor Server (V1.5) started on port
 > 8099
 > (and I'm assuming, a return to the command line. Instead it seems to hang
 > there.)
 >
 > Zope is running, as I am able to see the management screen, etc.
 >
 > Is this a problem?
 > If so, is there a way to track down the source of problem and fix it?
Is it possible that you still use the new "z2.py" and "start" script?

When Zope runs with "-D", then it will not return to the command line
(this is normal).

New "z2.py" do not longer start the monitor server by default.
You must call for it explicitly.

Dieter