[Zope] zope as win32 service and stupid_log_file

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 11:00:36 -0500

[Cornelis J. de Brabander]

> > Thomas B. Passin
> >
> > It's a good approach but I tend to just go to the registry and change
the
> > command line that the service uses when it launches Zope.
> >

> This looks to me as the way to go, but how do I do that?
> I have a registry key that starts the service:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\zope243\Parameters\sta
> rt"
> Currently its value reads:
> ""E:\zope\243\bin\python.exe" "E:\zope\243\z2.py" -S -D"
> Do I have to create another parameter with the name "STUPID_LOG_FILE" and
> value "E:\zope\243\var\stupid_log_file.log" or something similar?

I thought you wanted to use a different python version.  If so, change the
path to python.exe in the value of the registry key.  Or add any other
command line parameter, like the log file name, that you would want to if
you were using a command prompt session.  You should look in z2.py in to get
the exact syntax for the command line options.

I'm never quite sure if you use the key from

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\

or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet001\Services\

On my Win2000 machine, it seems that whichever one I change (as
Adminstrator, of course) causes the other one to immediately change too.  In
principle, though, I would think that ControlSet001 (or 002, or where ever
the Zope services key is) would be the right one.

Tom P