[Zope] What causes the community to stall so often?

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.pp.ru>
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 22:15:40 +0300

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 06:53:01PM +0100, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> From: "Ron Arts" <raarts@netland.nl>
> > Most people want to install a binary package these days (in practice
> > this means RPM).
>
> Is this really true?

   Yes.

> When I install things on unix, I usually download and unzip a tgz file, run
> ./configure, write "make" and "make install", and I'm done.

   That because you manage only one computer. Think about poor sysadmins who
maintain dozens servers on a site - they just don't have enough time to
untar and compile all that crap...

Oleg.
--
     Oleg Broytmann     http://www.zope.org/Members/phd/     phd@phd.pp.ru