[Zope] Documentation via this list was.. Pay or DIO (Re: Quality vs. Quantity )

Andy McKay andy@agmweb.ca
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:04:28 -0800

One of the many ideas I had for ZopeZen was to have it read the mailing list
and build up an FAQ from the responses. So when A asks a questions and B
responds, B could if they wanted wrap it in a bit of XML eg:

<faq>
<question>How do !?</question
<answer>This was an answer, go here.. etc.</answer>
</faq>

The respondent would still get the answer, but an FAQ would be created on
ZopeZen that people can refer to later. This puts the burden on the
responder but is relatively straightforward enough that the extra hassle in
responding to questions should be minimal... However the key part of any FAQ
system eg ZDP is maintaining it and I havent solved that problem yet.
--
  Andy McKay