[Zope] Strange pdf problem

Derek Simkowiak dereks@realloc.net
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:07:22 -0800 (PST)

-> > We have a pdf file in our database, and there's a Problem with
-> > displaying it.

	Please descibe the web hosting setup this is being served from.
I.e., what O.S. is the origin server, are there any proxies involved (and
what are their O.S.'s), is there any kind of caching being done, etc.
Also, is Apache anywhere in the chain (perhaps as a caching proxy)?  Are
there any load-balancing routers in the way?

	We saw the same thing in a system that involved Windows NT talking
to a Solaris proxy.  Sun has a stupid yet (they believe) technically
correct TCP/IP stack, and Windows NT has a just plain broken TCP/IP stack.
Together they can cause this PDF problem.  It has to do with payload-less
FIN packets or out-of-order FIN packets.

--Derek