[Zope] Strange pdf problem

Derek Simkowiak dereks@realloc.net
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:29:37 -0800 (PST)

-> Linux. This seems to imply that it's a problem with the acroread plugin,
-> and not with the OS or the Browser.

	Not necessarily.  The Acroread plugin fires up as soon as it sees
the Content-Type: header.  The browser is still the one managing the
TCP/IP and HTTP connections.

	But Acroread won't display anything on the screen until it has the
entire document--this is different from HTML, where browsers try to render
as much as they can as soon as they can.

	It might be a problem with HTTP 1.1 chunks... If you have the
time, do this:  Do an ethereal sniff of a single (failed) PDF request,
save that as a parsed, human-readable text file (I don't remember the
ethereal options), and then post it somewhere via HTTP and send the URL to
the mailing list.  I will download it and take a look at it.

--Derek