[Zope] How to: ZServerSSL?

Me wphewitt@attbi.com
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 15:03:03 -0800

I keep seeing references to using SSL with Zserver, but I cant seem to
find out how to....
When reading M2Crypto documentation, I notice that it is for NT versions
of Zope (using Linux...)
I thought I saw somewhere that Zope 2.5 supported SSL, but now I cant
find that reference either....
I hacked through a workaround using APACHE and ZServer but it only kinda
worked and I didnt feel comfortable running an instance of apache just
for SSL
There is some discussion, rather old, integration of an SSL server in
Zope, did that ever happen?
If it did, where do I find out how to use it?
OR perhaps I should consider something else?

What I am trying to do is use authentication over a secured channel to
determine an enduser and their roles *without* asking them to login in
again..... I know from the HTTP_REFER variable that they have already
validated and I dont wnat to make them login in again.....

If anyone has any slick suggestion on how I might do this easily, I
would greatly appreciate it....

TIA

WPH