[Zope] Display a status message while waiting for long process to end

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 20:21:17 +0000

As far as I remember you can do this by calling a page with the "Please
Wait" message on, and then have that page call the "real" page via
JavaScript.

Untested:

<script Language="JavaScrip">
self.document.location.href = "the_real_page.htm";
</script>

It's hacksish, and will probably cause odd behavoiur in some browser,
but you can test that.

I do remember having used the method a few times in the past.

regards Max M