[Zope] Cookies and Python Scripts

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt <geirh@funcom.com>
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 11:54:46 +0100

on or about, Tuesday, March 19, 2002, we have reason to believe that
Matthew Anderson wrote something along the lines of :
MA> I am experiencing cookie 'weirdness' on Zope (V 2.5.1b1)...

[snip]..

MA> The 'weirdness' that am I experiencing is that the cookie is rarely set=
 and certainly never read properly. The few times that I have observed it i=
n the REQUEST list - it has appeared under 'form'
MA> variables and 'other' variables but never 'cookie' variables.

MA> I think it may have something to do with the 'context' under which I am=
 trying to set and read the cookies even though both scripts are called fro=
m within the same DTML Method - perhaps the
MA> cookie is only associated with individual python scripts=3F

MA> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

just off the top of my head : try also adding a path=3D'/' to the cookie
definition, to make sure it is set for your whole site and not just a
subtree..

Also, virtual hosting or running off different ports might influence
cookie bahaviour.

just possibilities..

:-)

--=20
Geir B=E6kholt                      web-developer
geirh@funcom.com             funcom oslo | webdev-team