R: R: [Zope] WebDav and Office 2000

Zanotti Michele zanotti.m@apss.tn.it
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 14:54:32 +0100

Hi Jurgen and Bruce,
Well...I have not solutions, I have only read the changes.txt of 2.5.0:
"- WebDAV: The long outstanding read-only problem with WinWord
   and .html is finally solved. Zope sends now an additional ETag
   header for DTMLMethods and DTMLDocuments. Many thanks to
   Joachim Schmitz for this hint."
I also have similiar problems with Zope 2.5.0 on WIN NT SP6 and 2K pro (more
with office 2k than office Xp):(, but Andreas Jung wrote he could not
reproduce my problems, so I think generally there aren't problems with
2.5.0.
This his Andreas Jung's answer:
"This is somewhat strange because I can not reproduce the problem with
Office 2K (Win XP) and the latest Zope 2.5 version. I am pretty sure that
this behaviour is again caused by the weird WebDAV implementation of M$.
Currently I have no further idea what causes that problem."
Ciao,
Michele
P.S. Can anyone explain me the DEFAULTTIMEOUT value in lockitem.py?