[Zope] Cookies and Python Scripts

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 22:53:33 +0100

Matthew Anderson writes:
 > The 'weirdness' that am I experiencing is that the cookie is rarely set and certainly never read properly. The few times that I have observed it in the REQUEST list - it has appeared under 'form' variables and 'other' variables but never 'cookie' variables.
Never seen that (or heard about it):

  You will always see the "cookie"s in "other", too.
  But I cannot believe that you see the cookie in "form" or "other" but
  not "cookie".

As someone else already pointed out: cookie rules can be quite confusing,
cookies are usually only send to part of a website, the part below
the object that set the cookie -- unless you tell the browser otherwise
with the "path" argument.

Dieter