[Zope] Where is Oracle ZODB storage ? Large file support in NT 4 ?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce@uklinux.net
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 11:57:09 GMT

On 20/03/02, 11:23:10, Toby Dickenson
<tdickenson@devmail.geminidataloggers.co.uk> wrote regarding Re: [Zope]
Where is Oracle ZODB storage ? Large file support in NT 4 ?:

> But BerkeleyStorage and DCOracle storage dont store textual data in
> the database. Like all ZODB storages they store *pickled* *objects*

> If you want to store text in your SQL database then you need a
> database adapter, not a storage.

I can see that.  Which also means rewriting any existing Zope
applications to use the RDBMS.

> >The applications I intend to develop with Zope have to work in an
> >environment where most programming is done in VB (ugh) and data store=
in
> >MSSQL Server. If I wanted to use a Zwiki, I would want the text store=
in
> >the MSQL datastore.

> Can they make http requests to zope? xmlrpc or soap requests?

One datastore is the aim.  Applications which insist on being
all-or-nothing and can't work with external datastores are not useful to=

us.  If Zope falls in to that camp then I will reluctantly move on.

--

Bruce