[Zope] Developing a general groupware platform in Zope/Python

Trevor Toenjes zope@toenjes.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:59:28 -0500

I am lobbying to get Cookie Authentication and a User Properties API into
Zope 2.6 for exactly this reason.

This would allow you to store/capture user properties, whether preferences,
profile, or CRM data as properties of the user.
Having it part of acl_users would add additonal extensibility and security,
rather than creating new user databases.

Standardizing an API will stop the proliferation of conflicting User
Products trying to do the same things and "allow the community to move
on..."
from wasting cycles on redundant infrastructure issues to get to the next
level of User Property management and developing more personalization
products.

This data could be stored in properties with support for vCard
import/export.

Please add your voice to the mix.  Maybe someone else can scream louder than
me.

Cheers,
Trevor