[Zope] Using Zope without running Zope (maybe a little silly)

David Elfstrom elfstrom@sten.sunnybrook.utoronto.ca
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 23:16:21 -0500

--=======73896158=======

Residential Computing at Berkeley (http://www.rescomp.berkeley.edu/) does a
dump of their Zope site nightly to a server running apache which actually
serves the content to the world.

I found out about it when doing a google search for zope + wget, and came
across this page in their zope docs:
http://www.rescomp.berkeley.edu/about/training/allres/Zope-Management-HOWTO/Zope-Management-HOWTO.html

David Elfstrom
(not in any way affiliated with the above system, I'm just sharing what
I've found)

At 10:45 PM 3/19/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>   This may sound a bit idiotic, but is there a way to produce Zope
>   webpages on one system and cleanly use to result on another without
>   having Zope?  For example, I have Zope on my system and I have used
>   it to produce pages.  I'd like to take only the necessary HTML from
>   what I produced and use it, as if hand-written, on my webserver
>   which is not running Zope (and isn't under my control, so I can't
>   run Zope on it).  I would like to update the pages on my system,
>   using Zope, and then synchronize it with the server whenever changes
>   are made.  Did anyone ever do this?  Is it possible?  Or is it too
>   stupid to merit a response? :)

---
  David Elfstrom, P.Eng   elfstrom@sten.sunnybrook.utoronto.ca
  Web Systems Developer, Research Computing
  Sunnybrook & Women's College Health Sciences Centre
  Rm#S6-20, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Canada  M4N 3M5
  phone: 416-480-6100 x3416    fax: 416-480-5714

---