[Zope] In-browser WYSIWYG editor?

Tim Hicks tim@sitefusion.co.uk
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 03:37:08 -0000

<snip>

> This would obviously require some client-side code, such as a Java
> applet.
>
> Is there any such product available for Zope?  I've looked on the web
> site, and the closest I've found is SmartSections, which really
> doesn't do what I need.

Try here: http://www.bris.ac.uk/ISC/cms/ttw.html

It's a pretty long list, but most get knocked off due to being IE-only,
expensive or buggy.  I haven't yet found a good cross-browser tool.

> If not, I'll probably write something myself using a Java applet.

Oooh oooh, I'd love for you to do that... and release it to the rest of us
:-).  Check out this project (also on Paul's page above) as a possible
starting point: http://sourceforge.net/projects/htmltea/ .  It doesn't
appear to have been touched in almost a year though, so I guess the original
authors have given up on it :-(.

hth

tim